Thursday, March 6, 2014

March 6, 2014 (226.5)



I've been dicking around since November--blasting, then binge eating, then doing nothing special, then more blasting (mostly mornings) and more stress eating (mostly at night)--and on and on.

And it's gotten me nowhere, of course.  Except still feeling sick and tired of feeling sick and tired.  And preparing to go on a cruise in 28 days with a huge gut and a very large "backyard", shall we say.  Oy.

Listened to a PBS special last night by Dr. Joel Fuhrman.  He got me thinking again about eating for health instead of living to eat.

I've often thought I could eat salads and more veggies if I could dress them with something good that didn't cancel out all their health benefits by being loaded with sugar, salt, and what have you.

Dr. Fuhrman has some YUMMY-sounding salad dressing recipes on his site.  They're made with things like cashews, oranges, and nuts.

So I've written down a couple of those recipes for my grocery shopping trip later today.  Going to see if having a good, "approved" salad dressing helps.  I know one thing--it makes me actually look forward to eating a salad, so that's good!

Then just because I didn't feel like eating crap for breakfast today (like the chocolate chip oatmeal walnut cookies I made "for my husband" twice this past week), I fished some good stuff out of the fridge and made myself a really interesting NutriBlast.

It's got tons of spinach (the large cup, packed halfway), about half a cup of shredded carrots, and part of a huge tomato I paid way too much for so I didn't want to waste it even though I'm not a big fan.  Plus I filled it halfway with organic tart cherry juice and the rest of the way with unsweetened apple juice and added some turmeric and a couple dashes of cinnamon.

It came out beet-colored and actually tastes delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment