Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Day 24 (229)

Wow, I had planned on updating this blog much more frequently!  I guess life has been getting in the way.

But I've been plugging away.  Even went on vacation to NYC for 5 days and STILL managed to lose 2 lbs that week.

I'm so glad I kept track of when I started (again).  It always feels like I've been "trying" forEVER, but as of today I'm down 11 lbs in just 24 days.  That's not bad!

Still going to the gym at least twice a week.  Dustin's told me a few more stories.  This week's was about a guy who felt really rich and happy because he owned lots and lots of land.  One day a visitor came and asked if he had any diamonds.  He said no.  The visitor said "well, then, you're not very wealthy."

The landowner decided to sell his land and travel around the world, searching for diamonds.  He searched for years to no avail, and died a poor man.

Meanwhile, the same visitor one day decided to visit the person who had bought the land years ago from the original owner.  When the visitor walked into the home, first thing he saw was a giant rock sitting on the shelf.  "Wow!" he said.  "Where did you get such a HUGE diamond?!!"

The man who now owned the land said "You mean this here rock?  I got it down in the creek over the hill where my son plays.  There are lots of em down there." 

If only the first man had realized that he really WAS rich, and not gone off searching for something else because of something someone said.

The moral of the story:  We ALL have diamonds inside of us.  We just have to find/see them.  And we can't let others discourage us from that.  So keep on working, because your diamond is right inside, and it WILL show eventually.

There were a couple more stories that I didn't write down, and I must REALLY be getting old because I remembered them yesterday but darned if anything comes to mind right now.  :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment