Saturday, December 6, 2014

Day 6 - Three Feet From Gold

I had THREE sessions with my trainer this past week.  I feel better already--no kidding!  I was able to walk up and down our basement stairs today without holding the railing at all, which is new since I've become pretty dependent on the railing since having my knees replaced over 2 years ago.  Not sure if I just felt inspired to TRY today because I feel stronger in my mind, or if I really am--but who cares, right?  It's an exciting non-scale victory!

Speaking of scales, I can't wait to weigh in at the gym on Monday. I think I'm gonna have a pretty good loss.  Last time I weighed there, I was 238.8!

Today was a good day food-wise.  I had a turkey and cranberry sauce sandwich for lunch (just coffee with coconut oil for breakfast--my own version of "bulletproof"); and I made a beautiful NutriBlast for dinner:  spinach, pineapple spears, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, apple & pear slices, a little plain yogurt, lots of pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, and apple juice.  Delicious.

I also got on my recumbent bike, put some good bouncy music in my headphones (think "All About That Bass" and "All Jacked Up"), and did 15 minutes.  I started on Level 6 resistance and had it cranked up to Level 12 for the whole last song--yee haw!  That hurt so good.  :-)

The title of this post refers to the story Dustin told me at our last session on Friday.  It's about a guy who went digging for gold, found some, but got discouraged and gave up when the vein he'd been working on trailed off then disappeared completely after a couple of days.  Turns out that if he'd just kept digging for 3 more feet, he'd have struck a huge deposit that would have made him rich.

There's a really inspiring book named Three Feet From Gold; I've read it.  It was interesting to hear the story in the context of making myself stronger AND losing this extra weight.  Another great lesson.  Thanks, Dustin.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment