Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 70 - It's a Family Affair!

Now that my family has seen and heard about the results I'm getting by "Blasting" for the past 70 days, this has become a real family affair!

I'm thrilled that all 3 of my sisters now have NutriBullets--and our 80-year-old mother is showing interest as well.  Oh, and one of my bros-in-law is also enjoying NutriBlasting right along with us.   Gotta love that!

We all have health challenges.  One sister has rheumatoid arthritis; one has narcolepsy and weight issues; and the third has thyroid issues, balance issues, and weight issues.  I personally suffer from insomnia and have been on an anti-depressant of one sort or another for most of the past 30+ years.  Mom has many of the issues that come with aging, plus she struggles with her weight, too.


It's been a blast [pun intended] comparing notes on what we're making, exchanging ideas about how to make our 'Blasts better, and learning about even more good stuff to put in them to help with inflammation, sleep, moodiness, etc.

One HUGE development in my own health, which I attribute at least in part to the fact that I'm now eating as though I *believe* the adage that "food is medicine", is that I stopped taking my antidepressant exactly 10 days ago.  So far, so good!!  I never thought I'd be able to do that; I've tried in the past but never been able to continue for more than a few days. 

Soon I'll be like the people in the NutriBullet infomercial talking about what great changes this sweet little machine made in their lives!

Today I made another beautiful NutriBlast:
  

I found some flaxseed in my cupboard, so I added some of that for the first time.  Other ingredients were:
  • Spinach
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Pineapple
  • Plum
  • Orange
  • Frozen grapes
  • Apple juice
 It tasted as healthy and cheerful as it looks.  :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment