Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 65 - 19 Pounds Down! (221)

I was thrilled to see THIS on my scale this morning!


It actually even said 220 the first time I got on.  Of course, I didn't believe that, so I did it several more times and it stuck at 221.  I can live with that.  :-) 

That is 8% of my body weight down from my start just 65 days ago!

I'm not doing anything much different--still just 'Blasting as much as possible and walking as much as I can.  Work is crazy busy right now, so I don't have time (or correction--I don't MAKE time) for as long walks as I have in the past, but you do what you can, right?  Gotta make your fitness routine fit into your life, so ... c'est la vie.

Today I made one ugly-looking NutriBlast for breakfast.  It's the first time I've ever added spinach to one of my yogurt-based 'Blasts.  Usually I do what I call either a "veggie-based" one, which is at least 3 vegetables--always with either spinach or kale as the main ingredient--and a fruit or two for sweetness, or a "yogurt-based" one, which is mainly Greek yogurt with lots of fruits added.

Today's NutriBlast contained this:
  • 1/2 C Greek yogurt - vanilla & plain mixed in equal parts, to cut the sugar
  • 1/2 large Mac apple
  • 1 spear fresh pineapple
  • 1 large handful baby spinach
  • 10 frozen black grapes
  • Almond milk (unsweetened) to Max line
Here's the finished product--ugly, right? 


But it was gooooooooooooooooooood. 

I have more news about other family members joining me in a quest for better health, but I need to work.  So I'll write more about that tomorrow.

Happy 'Blasting, everybody! (and please feel free to leave a comment anytime if you enjoy my posts).

1 comment: