Saturday, September 28, 2013

Day 54 - Walking Lots and Eating Well (223.5)

Not a lot new to report today, except that it's Day 54 and I'm now down a total of 16.5 pounds--yippee!!!  I'm trying not to focus on the weight loss, but it sure is exciting when it happens.

Did I mention that I went a little insane a few days ago and spent all day eating pumpkin cupcakes?

Yup.  I made a batch of a really simple 2-ingredient recipe for pumpkin muffins I found on Facebook, "for my husband", because he likes baked goods for breakfast.  (Have I also mentioned he weighs about 85 lbs less than me?  Fathead.)  Anyway, this time he didn't want any for some reason.  So he left the whole batch sitting there for ME to face when I got up the next morning.  

Despite my best intentions, I ate those stupid things ALL DAY LONG, one after the other--until I'd consumed TEN OF 'EM!  I was finally able to force myself to squish the very last one into smithereens and bury it in the wastebasket.

By the end of the day, I felt horrible and shaky because I'd eaten nothing but sugar and carbs all day.  That'll teach me.  AND the next morning, I had gained 2.5 lbs, back up to 228.

Since then, I've been more determined than ever to CUT THE CRAP and get back to what worked for me when I first started down this path.

And it worked--ta daaaa!!  Today, the scale said 223.5.  :-)

So here's an example of how I've eaten since The Great Pumpkin Cupcake Debacle:

This baby contains:
  • Spinach
  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Baby carrots
  • Half a green pepper
  • Fresh pineapple
  • Frozen blueberries
  • Apple juice for blending
Can't you feel yourself getting healthier just READING those ingredients?  ;-)

Oh--and to top it off, I have 6,752 steps on my FitBit right now.  And today's not quite over!


No comments:

Post a Comment