Friday, September 13, 2013

Day 39 - Still 'Blasting, Waiting for More Weight Loss

This is Day 39 of my adventure in becoming healthier with my NutriBullet.

I haven't lost any weight for what feels like a long time.  But that's ok, because I'm 100% positive that I'm getting a whole lot healthier INside.  Bet my cholesterol isn't 261 anymore!

Today I made a breakfast 'Blast that had FOUR veggies and just ONE fruit in it--wow. I'm getting this!  (That doesn't count the apple juice that I use as my primary liquid, of course.)

Here's what this morning's contained:
  • 2 big handfuls of spinach
  • 10 sweet petites carrots
  • Sliced zucchini (about 1.5")
  • 1/4 large red bell pepper
  • Frozen black grapes
  • 1 T hemp seeds (for protein)
  • 1/2C apple juice

They all pretty much look the same now, so I'm not taking photos of every single one anymore.  Here's what they usually look like when they're ready to drink--not appetizing to the eyes, but so good!

I had my husband drill a hole in the top of one of the 2 caps that came with the NutriBullet so I could put a straw in it but still keep it covered, for "drinking &" driving.  (One day I took a nasty "monster vomit"-looking drink like this out to my BMW to drink on the way to work.  Since the bottom of the cup is pretty big, it didn't fit tightly into the cupholder.  So of course, I knocked it over before I even got out of our driveway!!)  That was NOT pretty.  So the straw hole makes a huge difference.  I contacted NutriBullet and told them I had an excellent suggestion for an improvement to their product.  Haven't heard anything back from them yet [surprise].

Yesterday and the day before I *did* get photos of my smoothies.  One was all Greek yogurt and fruit; that one came out really pretty pink when it was done.  It had 1C yogurt (half vanilla and half plain, to cut down the sugar content); 4 chunks of fresh pineapple; 1C of fresh strawberries; and about 6 frozen black grapes.

Wednesday (Day 37)'s was similar to today's but had more fruit:  spinach, carrots, orange, pineapple, frozen black grapes, hemp seeds, and apple juice.


My sister Gail bought me a huge tub of black grapes from Costco.  Last night I pulled most of them off the stems, washed 'em, and put them on a cookie sheet in the freezer overnight, to freeze individually.

Now I have a nice big bag full of frozen grapes that I can just pour a bunch out of each morning to cool my NutriBlast and add some nice sweetness to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment