Saturday, September 14, 2013

Day 40 - A Walk and a Weigh-In (226)

Today I started the day feeling really lazy because I slept in until 11:30 AM and missed out on a chance to walk with my friends Andie and CK again.  Sheesh.  My sisters have probably all been up about 6 hours by the time I got up--they all have half their day in already!

But oh well.  That's what I did.  Got to sleep til I'm "done"--that's how I do it.  I know if I get up while I'm still feeling sleepy, I won't have a very active day.

But once I got up, I got busy.  First, I weighed myself. 

 Here's what I saw:


(I cut my feet out of the photo this time cuz I need a pedi, ha ha--can't post feet photos without "happy toes"!)

So yeah, that's 14 lbs in 40 days!!  Whoo hoo!  I'm pretty thrilled.  It's SO nice to see that if I just keep doing what I'm doing, all this flab IS going to come off.  And I AM going to keep doing what I'm doing. 

After that exciting weigh-in, I was extra-motivated.  So I had a hard boiled egg and a banana, and then I went for a walk. 

I walked for just 30 minutes and did just under 2 miles--probably 1.9.  Whoo hoo again!!  That's a huge increase in pace from what I did in the 5K on July 28th.  That day, we walked 3.2 miles in just over 90 minutes--so just under 30-minute miles.  Today's pace was nearly TWICE as fast!  (I had some good fast music pumping on my iPod and walked to the beat as much as I could--songs like "Boom Boom Pow" and "Baby Got Back"--I'm sure that helped a lot.)  On the way back, I wound down with some good ol' days stuff, like--ready for this?--Bobby Sherman and the Partridge Family!  Ah, memories ...

I didn't have a single NutriBlast today.  I had a small bowl of DH's homemade shepard's pie for dinner and some hummus and red peppers for "dessert". 

Tonight I bought a bag of apples to make my hubby an apple pie, with Craisins, the way he likes it.   And I realized as I was cutting up the apples that I don't have a single qualm about having this pie around this time.  I know I can handle it (well, as long as we keep it in the microwave or the oven--somewhere besides sitting out on the counter where I can cut off a sliver every time I walk by--I haven't changed THAT much yet. ;-)) 

So that's today's report.  Forty days--I haven't stuck with something this long in ages.  It feels good.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment