Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Days 29 and 30 - Superfood Smoothie and Breakfast Blast (227)

Today is September 3, 2013.  I guess I forgot to post yesterday, what with all the excitement over weighing in at 227!!  That made my total loss 13 lbs in 30 days.  Wow.  Can't really believe it.  :-)

I did not get a photo of myself (well, my FEET) on the scale at 227, but I'll do another weigh-in in a few days and show ya.

Yesterday I went with all "superfoods" and very simple -- 1/2 C vanilla Greek yogurt, 2 handfuls of baby spinach, and most of a pint of blueberries (they'd been in the fridge for about a week, so once I picked out the yucky ones, there was probably about 1C left, ha ha):

The rest of yesterday was a Kind bar (dark chocolate cherry cashew); about 1.5 C of spaghetti with my husband's homemade sauce, made with tomatoes he grew himself; lots of grapes; and 4 pita crackers.  Those are something new from Keebler that I spotted while grocery shopping.

Speaking of shopping, I should take a picture of my cart nowadays when I'm done.  It's full of produce and greek yogurt and almond milk and lovely healthy things!  Once again, makes me feel virtuous.  :-)  Actually, though, I DO feel really good seeing it, when I used to bring home bags of Dove chocolate pieces and big loaves of bread to snarf down with lots of butter and stuff like that.


Today for breakfast I had another nice fresh-tasting NutriBlast with 3 veggies and 3 fruits--no yogurt this time.  It looked like baby diaper contents afterward, but it was still delicious.  My friend Lois inspired me to put in stuff like carrots and oranges.  The orange makes it very "summery".


Recipe:
  • 4 chunks fresh pineapple
  • 1/2 navel orange
  • Lots of "Sweet Petites" carrots
  • 1/2 Granny Smith apple
  • 2 handfuls baby spinach
  • 1/2 red bell pepper
  • 1T hemp seeds
  • ~1/2C apple juice


No comments:

Post a Comment