Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 50 - 15 Pounds Down (225)!

I haven't blogged in awhile because honestly, things are becoming more routine.  My NutriBlasts tend to have combos of  the same basic set of ingredients in them most days.  When you find what works, don't mess with it, right?

Here's today's:

Not a great photo, but it contained:
  • Spinach
  • Fresh pineapple chunks
  • Honeydew melon
  • Red grapes
  • Orange
  • Hemp seeds
  • Enough apple juice to blend (NutriBullet requires liquid to generate its "cyclonic action")
I've been trying to put more veggies than fruits in my 'Blasts lately.  Today most of the veggies I had turned out to be less than fresh, so ... more fruit.

Yesterday's had spinach, a whole cucumber, broccoli, bell pepper, orange, and pineapple.  Mmmmmm.

I am now down a total of 15 lbs from my starting weight of 240.  That 15 lbs in 50 days.  I'll take it!

I did realize something last night, though.  I've gotten a little  complacent again.  I've started eating with my husband at dinnertime--including dessert, usually.  I have way less for a meal than I used to, yes.  But I realized that I can't afford to eat like I'm on maintenance until I *am* on maintenance.  In other words, bread and butter, or apple pie, or ice cream, etc, every evening is NOT going to get me where I want to be.

So today I told my husband this (not that he understands--he weighs 140 lbs soaking wet and never gains unless he drinks too much beer) and refocused on eating veggies and fruits and a little protein.

This morning I had that marvelous NutriBlast.  Lunch was a bag of Green Giant Veggies in Cheese Sauce--only 135 calories in the whole huge bag.  Dinner was a big bowl of squash and some red grapes.  Now I'm snacking on walnuts with Ghirardelli 70% Dark Chocolate Chips mixed in.  And I'm getting ready to put the bag away--now!  :-)

There's been a piece of fabulous apple/craisin pie sitting in the microwave allllllll day.  When Mom stopped in to visit, I gave her half of it and saved the other half for DH's dessert.  He had ice cream instead, so it's still in there.  And it's gonna STAY in there!

Because I'm determined.

And why bust my butt taking a good long walk or two every day if I'm gonna come home and stuff my piehole with pie?  (I've reached 5K steps on my FitBit on at least 7 out of the last 10 days--whoo hoo!)

Onward ...

No comments:

Post a Comment