Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day 76 - Still Going Strong (218)

Yesterday I walked a little over 3 miles, from my house to my mom's.  It took me 65 minutes.

I had done that same walk back in July, and it took 90 minutes!

Wow--that's a 25-minute reduction in total time in 3 months!  Whoo hoo!

I've signed up for another 5K walk taking place on 11/2/13.  That's why I wanted to do this little test again.  If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you already know that I did my first 5K walk, put on by the "Biggest Loser" organization, back in July 2013.  That was about 2 weeks before I decided to get my act together and try to get healthier.

Walking to Mom's one time the weekend before the July walk was pretty much all the training I did for that first one, believe it or not.  And the night before the walk, using the excuse that I needed to "carbo load", I actually ATE AN ENTIRE PINT OF BEN & JERRY'S!  Sheesh.  I knew it was stupid; but I wanted to do it, so I did.  Lucky I was able to drag myself around Killington Mountain for 3.2 miles after that. 

That also helps explain why I look like a small buffalo in the photos from that walk.  :-)  See my blog posts from August for those photos.


Anyway, here's what I saw on the scale THIS morning ... [drum roll, please ...] :
That's right--I'm now down 22 pounds in just 76 days!  It's kinda hard to believe, but I'm THRILLED.

No comments:

Post a Comment