Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 20 - Still 'Blasting - Just Need to Catch Up!

I haven't posted for a couple of days, but I've still been 'Blasting and taking pictures of my creations!

On Thursday (Day 18), I just felt like a simple, fruity drink for breakfast.  So here's what I had:
  • 1 C Greek yogurt, plain
  • 1/2 can peaches in their own juice
  • 1/2 C almond milk, plain

It was pretty before and almost tasty-looking after--and oh, SO good!



When I make the fruity yogurt-based drinks, I usually make them in the smaller NutriBullet cup.  I just don't feel right having a huge glass when it has no veggies in it.

On Friday (Day 19), I was kinda late for work--one of the rare days I went to the office instead of working from home--so I fell back on yogurt and fruit again.

Here was that day's NutriBlast:



Recipe:
  • 15 black grapes
  • 1/2 yellow delicious apple
  • 1T chia seeds
  • 1 C plain Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 C unsweetened almond milk
  • A few frozen blueberries to make it colder

Today (Day 20) I got back to loading my drink with as many veggies as possible. 

A co-worker had brought in some kale to share, so I made my first NutriBlast with kale.  I'd never eaten kale before; I tasted a piece in the grocery store once, and it was bitter and peppery and awful.  But the home-grown kale was pretty bland, so I thought I'd try it instead of spinach, which is hard for me to use up before it goes bad.

As you can see, it started out beautiful again; then got a little nastier as it mixed; and then was REAL ugly when finished.  But as usual, it tasted very good--I was a good girl and drank every drop.  :-)





Recipe:
Kale - ~1 C
Zucchini slices
Cucumber slices
Red pepper, 1/2 medium
Pineapple - 4 large chunks
Grapes, 10 black
A few almonds
Maca powder - ~1 t.
Apple juice - to Max line

No comments:

Post a Comment