Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 8 - WEIGH-IN (234)

Holy crap, you guys--it's working!!

I told you on Day 1 that I'm 5'4" and weighed 240 lbs.  Here's a photo of me near the start of the Biggest Loser 5K Run/Walk that I did on July 28, 2013--shows my lower body in all it's lumpy glory (thus the walk!):


And here's what the scale said this morning!:





GET OUTTA TOWN!  Now that's what I call an encouraging start!!  :-)   (I know--the turquoise toenails are kinda scary.  Thought I'd try something different at my last pedicure.  Think I'll stick to the pink family after this.)


This morning's smoothie was very simple--1 C of Greek lowfat vanilla bean yogurt and the rest of the fresh pineapple I had on hand--probably 3/4 C:


It came out smooth and REALLY tasty--one of my favorites so far:

 

I have a lot on my mind this morning as I'm leaving for a few days' vacation tomorrow with 4 people, from 4 different locations, ranging in age from 8 to 80.  I think that's why I did a couple of oopsies while trying to get my breakfast made:

OOPSIE #1:  I DROPPED THE YOGURT CONTAINER when I opened it --oh, what a mess!!  It's one of the big ones, with only one serving missing.  Slopped all over my clothes, the stove, the cupboards, and left some nice big plops on the floor.

The dogs had fun licking it up, at least.

OOPSIE #2:  When I finally got done cleaning up the yogurt mess, I got the yogurt into the cup, then put the pineapple in, and then almost TURNED THE FULL CUP UPSIDE DOWN OVER THE NUTRI BULLET WITHOUT THE BLADES SCREWED ON!  Caught myself when the drink started to hit the lip of the cup.  Good Lord--talk about being on autopilot sometimes ... I need to pay more attention.  That could have gone all down inside the motor and ruined my beautiful new prized possession!

OK--I'm off to do errands, pack, and see how many steps I can register on my FitBit today!





No comments:

Post a Comment