Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 7 - NutriBlasting Again

I wanted to make today's 'Blast a bit more veggie-heavy and a little less sweet.  I used mostly water as the liquid, with just a little apple juice, because this one had a nice thick slice of fresh pineapple plus some grapes.

I left out the blueberries today to see if the color of the finished product would be more appealing; as you'll see, it didn't work.

It started out beautiful, though, like a nice sunny day!:
I put in:
  • Spinach - 2C
  • Carrots, shredded - 1/2 C
  • Red bell pepper - 1/2 large
  • Yellow bell pepper - 1/2 small
  • Grapes, green - 10
  • Pineapple - 1/2" thick slice
  • Hemp seeds - ~1T

Here's the finished drink.  (Thought maybe the pink straw would pretty it up):

For some reason this one was more watery than usual.  I think the main difference is that I didn't put zucchini in this one.  Also this one has more detectable carrot bits in it.  Maybe I just needed to blend it a little longer.  Not my favorite so far, but it's do-able.

Tomorrow is my big 1 week weigh-in -- can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment