Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 5 - TWO NutriBlasts, including a Fruity One!

 Today has been chock-full of NutriBlast goodness.  I am STUFFED.

I had a fresh pineapple to use up and a couple of "miscellaneous" leftover things, so I made the morning smoothie a little different than previous days.  Here's the recipe:
  • Spinach - 2C
  • Zucchini - 1/2 small
  • Carrots - 1/2 C shredded
  • Bell pepper - 1/2 small
  • Plum - 1 whole (not the pit)
  • Pineapple - 1 ring
  • Hemp seeds - 1T (for protein)
  • Apple juice to Max line
I thought if I left the blueberries out, it might not be so ugly, but ... you'll see.  :-)



Ta da!--more "monster vomit".  But it still tasted good.  You just can't dwell on how it looks, I guess.  Just keep in mind how good YOU'RE gonna look after you drink all this veggie goodness!

Then, I decided to make a rooty-tooty-wicked-fruity smoothie for this afternoon.  The only veggie in it was one leftover piece of red bell pepper that I didn't want to waste.  Here's the recipe:
  • Cabot Greek Yogurt, Vanilla Low Fat - 1 C
  • Banana - 1
  • Plum - 1
  • Green grapes - handful
  • Blueberries (frozen) - handful
  • Chia seeds - ~1 teaspoon
  • Apple juice to Max line
I actually tossed out the rest of the expired-7-months-ago yogurt that I used yesterday and sprung for a new tub.  I'm supposed to be getting healthy--not making myself sick, right?

Finally, a recipe that didn't turn out dark green!:



This one was very good, just like all the others.  The predominant flavors were yogurt and banana, which makes sense since those were the highest-quantity items in the drink.

My husband is sitting at the table eating a huge pile of homemade chili nachos with sour cream.  And you know what?  I'm so flippin' full, I'm not even interested in joining him.  Hallelujah!

----------
For the record, in case I suddenly get really thin and you want to emulate me, here's everything I ate all day YESTERDAY, 8/8/13:

Blueberry/Chobani Blast
1 red pepper
1/2 C hummus
1 pluot
1/2 C walnuts
1 lavash bread
1/2 avocado
3 slices turkey breast

No comments:

Post a Comment