Saturday, August 31, 2013

Day 27 - Pretty Green NutriBlast I Found On Pinterest

Today is Day 27 since I started using my NutriBullet.  I've probably had 1 or more NutriBlasts on 22 of those 27 days--maybe more.  I'm getting my money's worth out of it!

This week I found a couple of recipes on Pinterest that looked good, so today I tried one of those.  It called for a full cup of yogurt and a whole apple, but I barely had room for what I put in it.  I didn't add any extra liquid this time--it just had the 1/2 C yogurt and the juice from the fruits.

It was EXCELLENT and even LOOKED tasty!

Recipe:
  • 2 handfuls baby spinach
  • 1 small banana
  • 1/2 Granny Smith apple
  • 1/2 large navel orange
  • 1/2 C vanilla Greek yogurt



Last night I also tried a healthy cookie recipe I found online.  These are "guilt-free treat" cookies.  I think they'd be a really good breakfast-on-the-go because of what's in them:

Recipe:
  • 3 mashed ripe bananas
  • 1/3 C applesauce
  • 2 C oats (I used good ol' Quaker Oats Quick Cooking Oatmeal)
  • 1/4 C almond milk (I used unsweetened, but I think sweetened would have been better)
  • 1/2 C walnuts, chopped
  • 1/2 C raisins
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 1 t cinnamon
  • Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.

The walnuts were my own addition.  There were no instructions as to how much to put in each cookie or whether to grease the cookie sheet, but I can tell you--DO grease the cookie sheet!  And I used a good heaping tablespoon or more of batter for each one.  They didn't spread out a BIT.

The cookies aren't as good as, say, Toll House chocolate chip cookies, but they were decent.  I ate three.  :-)  Like I said, I used unsweetened almond milk, but I think they'd be better if I'd used sweetened.  They needed just a tiny bit more sweetness.  They could also use a bit more spice, I think, if you're good at doctoring things up.  Maybe some nutmeg--would that go with the rest of the recipe?


No comments:

Post a Comment