Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 24 - WEIGH-IN (233)

I'm still here and still making/drinking my NutriBlasts!  Work has gotten crazy busy again.  When that happens, I take my photos, but I don't always get around to doing personal stuff online.

So here we are, on Day 24 of my NutriBullet "adventure".

Here was today's weigh-in -- I'm now 7 lbs down!
Nice feet, eh?  :-)  Sorry--hope you're not eating YOUR breakfast when you're reading this, ha ha.

Today I had (speaking of feet) a podiatrist appointment so I didn't make a morning NutriBlast.  Then I had to go to the office, so I didn't make an afternoon one.  I ended up going to Subway for a turkey and avocado/lettuce/tomato on flatbread and a bottle of water.  That was good, right?  Same thing I might have eaten at home.

Then tonight I got home late, so I just had a Lean Cuisine--turkey and green beans.  Only 200 calories.  It was surprisingly tasty.

I haven't been depriving myself completely of treats, either.  Mid-afternoon today I took 2 Hershey's Nuggets out of the candy bowl at the receptionist's desk at the office.  A couple days this week I've also had a small piece of my husband's birthday cakeS (yup--he had 2!)  One was the black forest cake he asked me to make.  The other was a scrumptious homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting that my sister Gail made for him.  I stayed out of the carrot cake until today.  The black forest cake I had for the past 2 nights--but only a sliver.  A "normal" serving, if you will--not the 1/4 or 1/2 cake I might have eaten a month or so ago.

Progress, not perfection!

Earlier this week, I had a couple of successes and one semi-failure in the NutriBlast department.

On Sunday (Day 21) I was leaving on a 2-hour drive to visit DH's family.  That didn't mess me up, though; I still made a fabulous smoothie to take on the road:
It was 1C of vanilla greek yogurt; 1/2C frozen blueberries; and a whole bunch of black grapes.  I decided in the spirit of making this a lifestyle I could stick with to switch from plain to flavored (aka sweetened) Greek yogurt.  It's still way healthier than something I would have had for breakfast in the past, and since I'm trying to have the fruity smoothies only about every 3rd day, how much can it hurt?  Right?

I love drinking the pretty ones.

At my brother- and sister-in-laws', we had appetizers and dinner.  Usually when we go there I CHOW on plenty of salty crackers and/or chips and as much dip as I can pack onto them.  This time I had 5 tiny pita chips, each one topped with a smear of pesto and a roasted red pepper.

Dinner was really healthy: roast chicken, boiled carrots, steamed green beans, about 3/4C of mashed potatoes (another one of my red light foods), and one slice of canned cranberry sauce, with water to drink.  I had just one helping and was very satisfied.  No rolls; no dessert; no coffee loaded with cream and sugar after dinner.

Full Disclosure:  On the way home from that visit, we passed the only A&W root beer stand left in Vermont--you know, the old-fashioned ones where they come out to your car with a tray, and you get root beer in one of those thick, frosty mugs.  So we stopped.  I felt like having a creemee but they didn't have creemee, so I ordered a small root beer float with 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream.  DH ordered an entire cheeseburger basket with onion rings.  I helped him out by eating just 4 onion rings.  I was pretty proud of myself for making it out of there with just that.  :-)  It's another sign of growth--but the good kind!

On Monday (Day 22) I wanted to get back on the veggie wagon.  So that morning's drink had 5 veggies and only a little bit of fruit in it.  I drank half of it and put the other half in the fridge for the next day But to be honest, I couldn't drink the 2nd half--it just wasn't very good.  I tried too hard by putting such a high percentage of veggies in it,  and that just didn't work.  Here's what it looked like "under construction":

Recipe:
2C kale
Zucchini slices
Cucumber slices
1/2 yellow pepper
1/2 tomato (small)
3 pineapple chunks
A few frozen blueberries
Plain almond milk to Max line (this was the OTHER big mistake in this drink--shoulda gone with apple juice for sweetness).

It looked so ugly after I mixed it up that I didn't even bother with a photo.  It was another tan sludge.  Not appetizing in the least, I have to admit.




No comments:

Post a Comment