Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 6 - A Break from 'Blasting

Today I needed a break from my smoothies.  No special reason--just didn't feel like making any.

I did go out shopping and made myself walk the entire mall, just to get more steps in (because yesterday I barely got up from my desk and only got in 500, if you can believe that!  Scary.)

While out, I found some protein bars called Kind bars.  I had read about them in one of those "Lose 100 Lbs This Year!" stories in Woman's World.   One woman ate 2 of them every day, and she *did* lose over 100 lbs.  So I was curious.

Oh - my - GOODness, they're good!  They come in multi-packs, OR you can buy them singly.  I tried the Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew first--and promptly put 2 more boxes in my cart.  Then later in the evening I tried the Almond Coconut.  Those were equally good.

Here's a quote from the site:  "A recent study conducted by the Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center found that two KIND bars a day can curb appetite and even help prevent weight gain."  Not sure how credible that is, but I know they're good and the ingredients don't look too bad.  They're worth a try!

So this is what I ate all day:
  • 3 slices of turkey breast on lavash bread spread with 1/3 avocado
  • 10 walnuts
  • 1 Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew Kind bar
  • 1 C homemade chili w/1/4 C sour cream
  • 1 Almond Coconut Kind bar

The day was light on veggies and fruit, but I stayed within my calorie range AND got in over 5,200 steps.



No comments:

Post a Comment