Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 4 - Original NutriBlast #2: Chobani, Frozen Blueberries & Apple Juice

Today I was in the mood for something different.

So this morning's NutriBlast consisted of:
  • 1C vanilla fat-free Chobani yogurt
  • ~3/4 C frozen blueberries (same ones I picked about 10 days ago)
  • A splash of apple juice for sweetness
It's good to use frozen fruit in these drinks because it makes the finished product colder.  A cold "blast" can be easier to drink than a warm one.

Today I used the small cup that comes with the NutriBullet.  Normally I use the large one, because I need room to pack in all those veggies.

The expiration date on the Chobani was 1/13/13; today is 8/8/13.  (You can see that I had good intentions back about 8 months ago when I bought the stuff, but I never got myself to actually EAT it.)  That's another cool thing about these NutriBlasts--it allows you to get good-for-you stuff into your body that you normally might not.

I gave the yogurt the sniff test before using it, and the consistency seemed fine, so ... we'll see what happens!  I think manufacturers just put those dates on stuff to make you throw it out sooner and buy more.  Hope the joke's not on me later.  :-)

I'll have a veggie-based "blast" later today.




Once more, it was delicious!  Tastes kind of yogurt-y, but at the same time, not as overwhelming a flavor as if I'd just eaten the Chobani plain.


NOTE:  Yesterday besides my "freggie" (get it?--fruit/veggie?) 'Blast, I also ate the following over the course of the day:
  • 3 thin slices of turkey breast on lavash with 1/3 fresh avocado spread on it
  • 1C leftover homemade mac & cheese
  • 1/2 C walnuts with a few Ghirardelli 70% dark chocolate chips mixed in
  • 2C fresh blueberries
The blueberries were my nighttime snack.  Evening is my hardest time of the day.  Before I started paying attention again to what I'm eating, normally I'd sit down in front of the TV at night--and I'll admit it, sometimes even in my BED!--with something *awful* like a bag of nacho chips with a bowl of sour cream,  or a pint (isn't that a single serving?) of Ben & Jerry's, or whatever else I come across while I'm prowling.

Because I'm hoping to lose weight -- a lot of it -- on this journey, I'm going to try to track everything I eat in addition to the 'Blasts.  That way when others happen upon my blog, hopefully it'll inspire them to see that you can eat things in addition to the NutriBlasts and still lose weight and be healthy.

I'll do another post soon that tells a little more about myself, with some Before photos.  Lord knows, I have plenty of those ... I'm just working on finally getting an AFTER! 


No comments:

Post a Comment